On 30 April 2020, we held our second international, cross-practice webinar on the impact of COVID-19 on the global sports sector.
In this free one-hour webinar we addressed:
- the latest situation regarding COVID-19 and its commercial and legal implications for the sports world;
- when sport might resume and whether COVID-19 will have lasting effects on sport; and
- the practical steps that stakeholders should be taking now that the outbreak is increasingly being brought under control around the world.
You can listen to a recording of the webinar and review the slides here. You may also find it useful to access the recording and/or the slides from our panel’s previous webinar on 18 March 2020, which addressed the initial impact of COVID-19 on the sports sector, and the legal tools available to contracting parties in light of COVID-19.
In short, sports stakeholders should:
- continue to monitor the changing situation closely;
- seek legal advice promptly in all relevant jurisdictions and maintain a fact-specific analysis of your situation;
- explore commercial solutions and opportunities; and
- take precautions for the future (including updating policies and procedures etc.)
You may also find it useful to visit our Coronavirus Resource Centre – DLA Piper’s global repository of COVID-19 related insights and events – which is intended to help clients during these challenging times.